About Me

My photo
Ryhope, Sunderland, County Durham, United Kingdom
I am a Northern League supporter without a club to favour and double as a sometime genealogist who has researched his family tree back to the early 1600's, compiling a file of individual relatives totalling just over 3,000 names. I have been happily married to Maureen for 53 years. We have 1 son, 3 daughters, 14 grandchildren, 5 great-grandchildren, and absolutely no money!

Friday 7 August 2009

The New Season Beckons!!!!!

The skilltraining Northern League's new season begins tomorrow and I am like a cat on hot bricks! There has been so much activity regarding players changing clubs and new money becoming available to certain "lucky" clubs that I think this season is going to be very exciting! I intend to begin my season at the club which has recently become my local side: Sunderland Ryhope Community Association's Meadow Park is only one mile from my new home and they are up against "new boys" Gillford Park, of Carlisle, who have been promoted from the Northern Football Alliance. RCA's corned beef 'n' tatie pie is famous throughout the league and if I am still hungry afterwards, their giant hot dogs come in the biggest finger rolls I have ever seen!
Ooooh! I can't wait!

No comments: