About Me

My photo
Ryhope, Sunderland, County Durham, United Kingdom
I am a Northern League supporter without a club to favour and double as a sometime genealogist who has researched his family tree back to the early 1600's, compiling a file of individual relatives totalling just over 3,000 names. I have been happily married to Maureen for 53 years. We have 1 son, 3 daughters, 14 grandchildren, 5 great-grandchildren, and absolutely no money!

Monday 16 March 2009

Targets on the road to recovery

I am making slow but sure progress following my laminectomy and fusion operation, 5 weeks down the road. I see the surgeon on March 23 and hope for some good news. Driving is some distance away for me at the moment, but my son-in-law has offered to take me to a game as soon as I feel up to it, so I am targetting the FA Vase semi-final first leg tie between Whitley Bay and Lowestoft Town on March 28 for my reappearance to the footie scene. Realistically, this is a bit of a long shot as I seem to tire very easily. Today, I walked as far as the local branch library, which is about 500 yards from my home and I had to have a sleep when I got back home. Fingers crossed, though!

No comments: