About Me

My photo
Ryhope, Sunderland, County Durham, United Kingdom
I am a Northern League supporter without a club to favour and double as a sometime genealogist who has researched his family tree back to the early 1600's, compiling a file of individual relatives totalling just over 3,000 names. I have been happily married to Maureen for 53 years. We have 1 son, 3 daughters, 14 grandchildren, 5 great-grandchildren, and absolutely no money!

Friday 5 September 2008

Saturday 06/09/08 Crook Town v Billingham Synthonia

FA Vase 1st. Round Qualifying

I risk the wrath of the Synthonia supporters by going to this one! Synners' record with me in attendance has not been good of late - played 5, won 1, lost 4. Nevertheless, undaunted, up the A690 I will go, to the Mill Field, Crook.
Besides, I owe a couple of the Crook supporters a drink and they won't let me forget it!


In common with most matches in the region, this was postponed. I did have a slim chance of getting to Guisborough Town for the FA Vase tie against Pontefract Collieries but it left a lot to chance, so I opted for going shopping with my better half! Might have been better off risking the drive down the A19 - Guisborough won 5-0! The Missus looked a lot, hummed and ha'd a lot and decided to have another look tomorrow! Crook Town and Billingham Synthonia will hopefully take the field on Wednesday 10th. September and I will try to make it, but, there are possible obstacles.

No comments: